Video marketing is a process which can increase awareness of your brand and get your message or your products in front of a large number of people. Since people enjoy seeing videos and actively search for them on the web, it puts you in front of the people who want to hear your message. But the key is always to get in front of the RIGHT people. How do you do this? You have to create solid product marketing videos designed for search engines as well as people. Just like when you post a blog or write other content, video should be optimized for the search engines as well. This means sending targeted traffic to your videos, which attract the people who want what you are offering.
Here are 6 tricks to getting more views for your videos:
- Focus on your video title and make sure it is search-engine friendly. No matter what type of media you are producing, whether it be an ebook, audio book, video, or other media, the title is what makes someone decide whether or not to click on the link to view it. So, in that way, it is one of the most important steps in your marketing strategy. Spend a lot of time making sure that your title is something engaging which people will want to investigate further or watch. You can use tools such as Google Trends, or other keyword tools, to see which keywords are most popular amongst audiences.
- Use tags and include illustrative YouTube descriptions. By including relevant keywords in your title, descriptions and other metadata, you will increase your page ranking and search results for your video.
- Submit to multiple platforms. Make sure your video is on YouTube first, which is actually a search engine (second only to Google, who OWNS YouTube). Then submit it to a variety of other platforms and search engines, including Vimeo, Vine and others. This way, you will not miss out on those who prefer one platform over the other. Just remember – YouTube is the most popular video platform on the web.
- Don’t forget social media! Social media is still one of the most powerful ways to get your message out. Share on Facebook and Google+, as well as Twitter, and even some of the smaller, less popular networks. People are on social media a lot these days, so as someone said a while ago, “Go where your customers are!”
- Publish your video on your blog. Blogs receive a lot of traffic because of the interest they generate and their level of interactivity. The content is fresh and it attracts search engines. You should use keywords on your blog (highly recommended) to complement the keywords you’ve used in your YouTube videos and website. This kind of total brand saturation brings it all together and can produce a “cross pollination” effect when people search using your keywords.
- Network with others in your niche market. Connecting your videos to others in your category may help promote your message to a wider audience. Use social media, online webinars, Google Hangouts and other events to connect to your audience and others in your industry.
Don’t forget to add a “call to action” on all of your videos. Ask your viewers to do something – it can simply be a link back to your landing or sales page, or a link directly to the shopping cart where the item you are selling is located. If it is a general corporate video, just send them to the most relevant page where you can encourage them to sign up for a white paper or join your mailing list. This serves as a kind of automatic lead generator, which you can use later when building your email marketing campaigns.
When promoting products with product videos, or getting your corporate message to the masses, remember that video is one of the most powerful tools to capture their attention. They are, after all, already viewing videos and doing daily searches on YouTube for the information they want. If you can match up their searches with the keywords you use in your descriptions, you’ll have it made. Now get out there and produce a video! The show MUST go on!
If you would like assistance producing your video, our production team would love to help. Just reach out to us at: www.ripmediagroup.com. We love producing motion graphic animation, live action video, whiteboard animation, speed drawing animation and helping people like you reach their goals. Or, start with our creative brief: https://ripmediagroup.com/creative-brief.