Showing Off Your Business Skills with an Online Explainer Video should be a part of your online marketing campaign. YouTube has changed the approach to the video marketing world and traditional more “tried and true” methods on network television and other platforms have been changed to focus on online video platforms instead.
It is predicted that by the year 2017, online video will be used more widely than social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook. Leaders in every industry are using this new-found medium to showcase their expertise in various fields. In addition, such users create interest in their businesses beyond their “brick and mortar” walls.
Ways Small Business Owners Can Market Their Businesses Using Online Video
- Establish a sense of expertise. The more you are seen as an expert in your field, the more you will increase your credibility with potential customers. For example, doctors could have a monthly video series in which they illustrate a specific treatment for patients as proof of their knowledge and implementation. Likewise, a car mechanic could showcase the parts of an engine and the steps necessary to keep it running smoothly.
- Reinforce trustworthiness. People now have the ability to research a company or product prior to purchasing. If you have a poorly produced video which doesn’t depict your knowledge in the best way possible, don’t expect much.
- Help customers visualize a process. People watch YouTube videos every day because they tend to be both educational and entertaining. You can create what is known as an “explainer video” to help customers understand and visualize how something works. This will likely increase your credibility and may be the deciding factor in customers potentially buying into your brand or product.
- Create a call to action. You won’t make many sales, no matter how good your video is, unless you have a good call to action. Focus on asking customers to take action by clicking on your landing or sales page at the end of your video message. This will ensure they they will carry through with the process of buying.
- Create custom thumbnails. An often much overlooked part of video creation has to do with the thumbnail. This is the small image/logo that people see when searching for videos on YouTube. You may not think this is important, but remember, just like the title of a book, this is the first thing they see. Make it appealing and relevant to what customers are after.
With some time and planning, you can create an online video that builds your credibility, helps customers understand a process, and gets their attention. But we all need a little help sometimes.
If you would like help producing your video, our production team would love to help. Just reach out to us at: www.ripmediagroup.com. We love producing motion graphic animation, live action video, whiteboard animation/speed drawing animation, and helping people like you reach your goals.