One of our newest clients is a film festival with thousands of film fans. After a quick analysis, we found thousands were swarming the site for information from their phones, at the event.
We quickly built mobile landing pages, and, having already produced the opening night video and trailer for the festival out of the 53 films accepted, RipMedia festival trailer video we felt compelled to dig a little deeper into some research.
- There are twice as many Web-enabled mobile devices today as there are Internet connected PCs.
- From 2009 to 2010, the mobile internet increased 2000%.
- 1.7 billion people will be using mobile Internet services by 2013.
- Mobile Internet is growing faster than desktop Internet ever did (Morgan Stanley).
- Mobile data traffic is expected to increase by almost 4,000% by 2014, for a cumulative annual growth rate of more than 1000%.
- Americans spend an average of 2.7 hours on the mobile Internet each day (Ruder Finn).
- Mobile brand exposure can be more effective than other media messages.
- Mobile Internet users are 60% more likely to be open to mobile advertising than the average mobile data user. (Nielson)
- Mobile subscriber visits to Facebook.com increased by 112%. Visits to Twitter.com from mobile devices have increased by 347%.
- According to John Tysoe, the founder of Mobile World (June 2007), “It took over 20 years to connect the first billion subscribers to the fixed Internet, but only 40 months to connect the second billion. The mobile internet will be ten times faster.
Pretty interesting facts – the summary is: If you haven’t built your website ‘mobile ready’ today is the day to give your interactive agency a phone call. That’s RipMedia.