An explainer video, usually created by an explainer video company, is a short video that can be used in marketing to remove barriers, remove questions, add value to your brand, and reduce sales time because they augment the sales team’s activities. In animation, they usually feature whiteboard animation or motion graphics.
Explainer videos are designed to give the viewer an insight into something that they most likely didn’t know about. Watch one of the best explainer videos we did, garnered 1.7+ million views on YouTube alone.
Explainer videos can be used in a number of contexts, such as:
- Explaining something (like how credit cards work)
- Explaining business or technical processes (like how Dropbox works)
- Explaining product features and benefits (how this video company makes explainer videos)
Just like this video:
The customer did some light promotion received 400,000 views on that series and registered over 100 million in opportunities from the campaign!
Why Explainer Videos?
Explainer videos make complex concepts easy to understand and compelling, which means it reduces barriers and questions. This means you save time and increase sales funnel conversions, which is just one part of the equation.
10 Advantages of a Good Explainer Video
- A good explainer video can increase your professional credibility and attract more customers or clients, which means you have to pay for less marketing.
- Explainer videos are clear, which reflects on the company’s philosophy and stand in business.
- Explainer videos are easy to share over social media, which means it is one of the most cost-effective ways of marketing. Explainer videos are also easy to watch, which means it attracts more customers or clients.
- An explainer video can be uploaded to your website via a simple link. Customers do not have to ask you where the video is because they will find it by themselves, hence making you look good as a business owner.
- Explainer videos also provide information for those with disabilities who cannot read or hear, which makes them accessible to many people.
- Explainer videos are also able to reach a larger audience than text articles, which means you get a bigger market compared to an article.
- Explainer Videos Are Fun To Watch! Explainer videos are entertaining and captivating for people of all ages, even kids.
- Explainer videos are also easier to watch than reading through a long text article, so people can get more information from your company or business.
- Explain videos are also able to reach a larger audience compared to images, which means you have to pay less on PPC and SEO.
- Explainer videos will definitely increase the number of people who come across your business website.
An explainer video is made to quickly convey what the business or website is about. People are more able to retain information when they’re presented visually, so it has been proven that explainer videos are more effective in spreading messages than written text…magnified by the fact that fewer people take the time to read full-page copy and whitepapers.
They typically have a call-to-action at the end of them which may be for users to subscribe on social media channels like Youtube, Twitter, and Facebook; visit their website; get in touch with customer service, etc.
The videos may come before longer-form content like blog posts, landing page copy, or ebooks but explainers are not the same thing as commercials. Commercials are made to persuade people to purchase a product or service quickly, with very persuasive sales highlights. More often than explainer videos are deeper dives and get into the ‘what’ and ‘how’ the item is helpful, rather than just the ‘why they are helpful. It is very important to focus on the ‘why’, or you will lose your audience.
Before you start to create a good explainer video, make sure you have these things in place:
- A script for your explainer video partnered with a reliable script timer.
- A storyboard of the explainer video
- Voiceover/narration that will best suit the explainer video
- Background music that is royalty free or stock that can easily be licensed
- Conceptual drawings if hand-drawn animation is involved
It may be best to start with a course to understand your value and how to bring it to life. We highly suggest:
Create an Introduction Explainer Video of your Company
I know that you may be a competitor, as a lot of you read our blogs, and I welcome you. Just like a customer, you need to start with the basics, so, I will write out the most basic format for an explainer that does not start with the truly dreaded “This is Bob, Bob is in Accounting” trope that has been copied 1,000,000 times as of late.
The introduction of what pain you solve… It’s better if it’s brief because most readers will probably skim through this part when they know if it fits them, or not.
Perfect – you have qualified them to stay, or leave (and save your sales teams time).
These are the five most effective approaches to start an interesting explainer video:
- You want to engage them, so explain why the lack of explainer videos is hurting and how explainer video companies can help, for example. In your explainer video company’s perspective, explain to your potential clients the benefits of explainer videos as a marketing tool.
- Share with them what you think is a good explainer video template.
- Share an example if it helps or backs up your perspective by finding out from other explainer video companies about their opinions on explainer videos – what they think works and doesn’t work for them. This will be helpful in reaching your audience because you will be able to make use of shared experience between explainers/explanation video creators etc.
- If possible, try using case studies. They help readers relate to the way explainers can be used in their business.
- Share some tips for brands/websites who want to produce explainer videos themselves without outsourcing or hiring explainer video companies so they get the most out of it. For example, if an explainer video is done by someone at their own home office but doesn’t have ideal equipment like a high-end digital camera, explain to them (in this case, website owners) that they may want to consider investing in the right equipment if their explainer video is going to be viewed by a lot of people.
An Explainer Video is here to help your brand tell its story and you can tell your story in a more compelling manner. A story-driven approach to explaining what a firm does and what it provides. With nearly one million searches for “explainer video” on Google every month, these short web videos have become a popular choice for businesses looking to cut through the noise and engage their customers. Explainer videos serve as an introduction that entertains viewers while also explaining.
Introduce Your Company’s Past Work with Explainer Videos
If you have previous work that you’re proud to show off, do so. If it helps readers visualize what explainer videos are like when done correctly, then include it in your article. You can also share examples of explainer videos that were done poorly so you can point out all the elements that should be avoided when creating explainers for marketing purposes.
You can also list testimonials from different companies so customers will know where all the good explainer videos have been seen before.
Include a list of explainer video companies you think did a good job illustrating the benefits of explainer videos or explain why explainer video companies did a bad job promoting them etc.
There are many explainer video companies that can help with explainers, but not all explainer video companies know how to execute explainers efficiently in terms of marketing your business/branding your company/promoting your product, etc.
Here are things an explainer video company needs to know so they can produce engaging explainers:
- Know how explainer videos can help companies
- Know what explainer video marketing is to make explainers marketing-driven
- How explainer videos are created (for people who want to produce explainers themselves)
- Which equipment should be used for different situations
- Find out case studies through other explainer video companies
- See examples of good explainer videos
- Get feedback from other explainer video companies
- Read about how explainer videos affect the bottom line (profitability)
- Learn more about motion graphics
If you’re hiring an explainer video company, know all the above so you can produce engaging explainers that will attract customers/potential clients.
Testimonials from past work would be a good selling point for your services.
All these tips will come in handy when thinking about what type of content you should include in your article that will attract more targeted traffic towards your website blog articles etc.
The best explainer video companies can explain explainer videos more in-depth so people know what to expect when they want explainers created for their business/brand/product.
If you’re looking for the best explainer video to enhance your sales process, look no further. Start here!