We are a growth agency that focuses on growing clients through excellent sales copy, messaging, and using creativity and video as our weapons of choice.
We have a great opportunity for the right person with an art direction/design and a successful client relationship background to play an integral role in leading client projects with our team.
THIS ROLE will be responsible for leading all aspects of their creative team and clients. We are looking for someone with an art direction and design background, but they will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of their team’s work including art direction, design, and copy, as well all relevant mediums regarding the brand work, advertising, digital and social content that is needed.
In this role, you will work with our creatives (writer, storyboard artist, artists, live action crew and, MOST OFTEN animators) to implement the creative vision for the client. You will collaborate on different projects.
The ideal candidate will be collaborative with creative team members, open to feedback, and have a good understanding of strategy and all forms of relevant media. This person will be a key in evaluating briefs and thinking both creatively and strategically regarding their team’s work and client success.
This role is a balance between management of their team and their work and being an expert at executing their discipline as needed. You will be responsible for the oversight of your team’s creative product and ensuring it.
Objectives & Responsibilities:
- Direct the creative product developed by your team and strive for excellence in everything from concept to on-schedule completion of every project.
- Helps set creative direction and provides hands-on guidance throughout the project life cycle. Demonstrates cohesive understanding of, and can execute on, the principles that lead to innovative, effective digital communications and concepts for all mediums
- Able to split their time as needed between managing their team and their work and executing work.
- Must be an expert in their craft of art direction and design.
- Has a strong understanding of branding and can direct all aspects of the work from art direction and design to copy.
- Leads by influence to consistently inspire creative colleagues to create world-class ideas that provide world-class solutions for our clients.
- Generates and cultivates useful and usable ideas across existing and emerging digital platforms.
- Continually develops new ways to inspire and harness creative thinking.
- Develops solutions that have a positive impact on our clients’ businesses and a positive cultural impact for consumers.
- Understands strategy and can articulate strategies to peers and clients
- Has extensive knowledge of all creative disciplines, including copy, art direction, design, UX, video, and motion, and of the roles they play in both conceptual and executional work.
- Leads by influence and sets professional standards for their team.
- Takes personal responsibility for on-time, expertly crafted ideas, and deliverables.
- Has the ability to lead 3+ creatives on while still being able to execute work on their own.
- Supports the team on new business and special projects, including relationship development and presentations.
- Proactively researches and pursues ideas for professional development. Seeks out creative mentorship and inspiration.
- Actively trains and mentors all levels of creative talent, helping develop their skills and performance.
- 5+ years of agency experience with 2+ years managing a small team (outsourced preferred)
- Award-winning portfolio showcasing a range of mediums with a focus on video, digital, social, and advertising campaigns.
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Embodies professionalism and demonstrates mature presence in all aspects of team and client relationships
- Well-versed in communicating vision, setting creative direction, and managing a group of cross-disciplinary teams
- A thorough understanding of digital media and an ability and desire to adapt to the changing landscape of technology and media
- Illustration and solid animation skills are a big plus
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
It’s a challenging role requiring a careful balance between the client’s needs, wants and priorities, and the agency’s bottom line. They play a crucial role in client retention as well as potentially bringing in new business as part of an existing client referral process.
You must keep the customer – and the agency — satisfied and communicate both good and bad news to a client with tact and aplomb, answer questions, and make certain they receive what they asked for as part of their agency contractual agreement.
You must have strong interpersonal and communication skills. They must be able to finesse delicate client relationships while driving the agency to produce its best results
Balancing the needs of the client against the agency’s bottom line, while being driven by a complex timeline of tasks, requires finesse as well as stress management and organizational skills. Collaboration and teamwork is key to this role. In addition to all the “soft” people skills, the Agency Account Manager must be extremely organized, particularly with:
- Podio Project Management
- Adobe Creative Cloud
Our process for video is very well laid out, and you will need to be an expert at walking clients through the steps:
- Week 1 – 2: We Learn What Makes Client Special as We Walk You Through Our Creative Brief (click to view)
- Week 2 – 3: We Dive Deeper and Research Your Entire Market and Needs for Advanced Projects (click to view)
- Week 1 – 3: We Create, or Absorb, Your Brand Voice (click to view)
- Week 2 – 3: We Delivery Several Story Treatments from Our Idea Factory (click to view)
- Week 2 – 3: Let’s Get the Script Exactly Right (click to view)
- Week 3 – 4: We Craft a Scene-to-Scene Storyboard (click to view)
- Week 4 – 5: Make an Animated Storyboard Called an ‘Animatic’ for Advanced Projects: (click to view)
- Week 4 – 8 Produce and Deliver Your Amazing Video That Brings You New Revenue* (click to view)